Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we can start using the No-Huddle Offense
(09-18-2023, 12:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Ravens were gassed in the 4th quarter yesterday. We have a wealth of offensive weapons sans Tight Ends.
That said with all the weapons we can use we should run and gun the opposing defenses and have them exhausted.

Actually, at LSU Joe Burrow was at his best in a fast paced hurry up as he ran plays faster than college defenses could keep up.  It's really a strength of his, and when Burrow gets in a hot, fast paced rhythm, it's best to let him go fast when he gets hot and don't hold him back.  This doesn't mean you don't call runs, LSU called runs, but LSU would have Burrow over center taking the snap play after play before defenses were ready for whatever play was coming, and Burrow would work the whole field for LSU getting the ball to many runners and pass catchers as defenses were huffing and puffing. 

So I think you make a valid point BengalsYankee.  Joe Burrow is the leader of this team for years to come now, and he is at his best in a Southern New Orleans, LSU type fast paced style,  not a slow just getting the play off before the play clock style.  That's like hitching a race horse to a plow and making him a slow plow horse. 

Those who doubt this, go look at the LSU game footage of when Burrow was winning Championship for LSU.  Burrow got plays off super fast and that created defense in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Plus Burrow gets a Hot Hand going fast.  I get that way shooting pool, if I''m really in a rhythm, I don't want to over think the shots and just go with the hot rhythm I'm in.   When Joe Burrow is in a hot rhythm, you want that center snapping those plays fast.  Bengals need to be Up Tempo like LSU or New Orleans and not slow paced like some Ohio teams I have watched.  Burrow excelled more at LSU than Ohio State because LSU shared the New Orleans Saints style of going Southern Fast, and Burrow was better in a fast paced Southern offese than what Northern Ohio State runs. 

Also, you don't make your Super Star player fit the system, you make the system fit the Super Star player. You build your franchise for the upcoming years around Joe Burrows strengths, and his strength is running plays faster than the defense can keep up. If Bengals front office don't know this, then they don't know anything and are still like when they took a great roll out QB in Blake and insisted he be a pocket QB only, and being small he got most passes batted back in his face like a blocked shot in basketball. You go with your players strengths, not their weaknesses, and Burrows strength is he can run plays faster than defenses can keep up, If Bengals Let Him. There was nothing wrong with Blake being great at rolling out, and there is nothing wrong with Burrow being great at running plays huury up fast, and I fail to see what was so great with a Bengals system that went 30 years without a play-off win until Joe Burrow lead this team to play-off wins, often in late game comeback 2 minute Hurry Up Mode.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe we can start using the No-Huddle Offense - kevin - 09-18-2023, 03:01 PM