Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
I don't see us getting someone like Wentz and taking time to get him up to speed (even if he would be good, which I doubt he would be) unless they're convinced Burrow is going to be out for months on end...even then, I still don't see them getting a scrapheap starter or trading for someone to come here and start.  Even if they put Burrow on season-ending IR tomorrow they'd roll with Grier and Browning since scrambling to get a starting QB rather than rolling with the backups is a move GMs and HCs who are at risk of losing their jobs do.

The last time Burrow got hurt we managed to stink our way into getting Chase, whom we would have no shot at if things didn't go badly.  If we still had Dalton on the roster we may have missed out, or maybe not since Dalton and ZT were hardly a winning duo in 2019.

If Burrow eventually is placed on ice for the year this is going to be like 2008 where our starting QB played hurt and we stunk then we just coasted for the rest of the year with a backup QB and no expectations and no pressure because we don't have the same pressure to regroup to save jobs that other franchises have, for good or ill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field. - Nately120 - 09-18-2023, 05:45 PM
Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Tony - 09-18-2023, 09:13 AM
RE: Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Tony - 09-18-2023, 09:28 AM
RE: Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Nepa - 09-18-2023, 09:33 AM