Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
(09-18-2023, 06:15 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Man I thought the days of accepting a lost season a few games into the season were over for a bit. Of course barring a major injury or injuries. I guess this falls into the injury but I think this is a total failure of the front office and coaching staff. They are the ones with all the info on the injury and they decided to not make any significant changes to the play book or go out and get a viable backup to make it more plausible to sit Burrow the 1st month of the season and maybe scrape out a win or two. Now we are sitting 0-2 with no idea if Burrow can play and if he can't when he will be able to.

Who are these viable backups though?  I'm actually asking, not trying to argue.  We're going to need a guy a week from now to start if we are talking about Burrow missing time, so who do we get that gets 5 or 6 days of work in and gives us a better shot than the guys we have?  ZT doesn't seem to have a system guy like so many offensive minded HCs have that they just pull out of cold storage on a whim wherever they go.

If Tannehill retired after last year, he'd be a candidate for this sort of thing.  Matt Ryan has a job talking about football and Carson Wentz is a boneheaded bag of dingdongs from what I can tell.  Nic Foles has to be out of magic by now, right?

(09-18-2023, 06:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well outside of injuries I would hope they are over for the time being. But Burrow is partly responsible if he's telling coaches he can play. I'm hopeful he can play thru it. But he had 6 weeks off and he's still struggling with it and has to sit I don't know how long he would have to be out to let it heal. If it's another 6 weeks at what point do we just say sit the season? 

I think it's two fold, Burrow wants to play at all costs and ZT doesn't want to look down the barrel of an NFL game without Burrow ever again.  Side note, where is Ryan Finley?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field. - Nately120 - 09-18-2023, 06:32 PM
Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Tony - 09-18-2023, 09:13 AM
RE: Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Tony - 09-18-2023, 09:28 AM
RE: Burrow calf / injury watch.... - Nepa - 09-18-2023, 09:33 AM