Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes
Everyone who says, it’s only September, or it’s just 0-2, or we were here last year….yeah and what did that get us. The number 3 seed, as Nick Wright says, a ticket to the Kansas City open. A home game in arrowhead. Yup, we went there once and won. And almost won last year. Out of 10 games on the road in KC, how many do we win? Now flip that, 10 games at Cinci vs KC, how many do we win. There is not that much that separates teams in the NFL, like say basketball or baseball. It’s Super Bowl or bust. And if we sneak in to the playoffs as a 5th or even 3rd seed again, can we make it to the Super Bowl? Yes it’s possible. But our window is always closing. Despite what JB says. We have to make the most of these seasons as we can. We don’t want a “it’s possible” season. We want to be the #1 seed, bye week and 2 home games for the Super Bowl.

That’s why a hot start was so critical. We’re now 0-2. How many games will the Chiefs lose this year? 2 or 3? So we have room to MAYBE lose 1 more, but it better not be to KC week 17. That is a must win.

Can we really run the table and go 15-2 or 14-3?

Again, I’m not saying this season is done, and we have no shot. Yes it’s possible to make the SB. But it’s not probable. But coming in to this season, I felt like this was our year. This was our time. I don’t see us going in to the playoffs and beating 3 top teams on the road to make the Super Bowl. Not because I lack trust or faith, but statistically speaking, the odds aren’t in your favor. Sadly, this is we’re we are at 0-2. If we go 0-3 we have no shot of a Super Bowl. Sneak in as a 5th/6th, on road vs Baltimore, on road vs Jacksonville/Miami/ Buffalo, and then on road vs Kansas City. Or at home vs Jacksonville/Miami and at home vs KC.

We may win the division. Even those odds aren’t great. But we’re not going to be the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes - Ell Prez - 09-18-2023, 07:24 PM
RE: Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes - IcoHolic - 09-22-2023, 08:38 AM