Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
I'm going to repeat what I've always said (and what BengalsCaptain has said on Twitter for the past year and a bit) and what bfine basically alluded to above: if even half of the plays that ended up at nothing were executed correctly, we don't talk about this.

This goes back to the whole Kingsbury thread from 2020, how, "you see how he has players playing and the plays drawn up? THAT is how a play-designer designs plays!" Well who still has a job and has been successful and who is wasting away back in college, where he never should've left?

Mike McDaniel is another guy who's name has been thrown around lately and guess what? Yeah he did motion practically every snap on Sunday, it looked like, but how often did that last-second motion actually get executed correctly? 2 out of 13 times? 1 out of 9 times? The point is, whether it looks good or not, execution is all that matters. The NE D stopped that motion crap dead and they are a worse D than Bmore is, even with Bmore's injuries.

None of you (or even me) are even remotely-qualified to know what constitutes good play design or not and just because it looks good or bad, doesn't mean that is reality. It doesn't mean Zac IS a good play-caller, but nuance and context is way above almost everyone's head (me included) on here and almost none of you are willing to admit it.

And I'm not defending Zac either, merely saying that everyone is being incredibly inflammatory and dickish for nothing: the same shit was said last year too and we saw how last year turned out.

As many, "in the know," have pointed out, almost every team runs the same plays, 85% of the time and the only variation is in nuance or pre-snap things, not to mention they all have different names.

Execution is all that matters and if 3 more plays (literally) are executed correctly on Sunday, we win.

And it has been stated by Nicomo and others, but the guy architected the entire team, along with Callahan and Lou, not to mention setup systems and the like that got us farther in the playoffs in a 2 year stretch than ever before, when the league has been modernized more than ever. The attitude sucks.

Criticism is warranted, always, but it is always so misplaced and beyond inflammatory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 09-19-2023, 11:05 AM