Poll: Who do you want to Start?
Jake
Will
Someone Else?
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who do you want to start Jake or Will?
(09-18-2023, 07:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Bengals need to bring in a capable backup QB.

They should have brought in a backup QB 5 months ago in FA.
They should have definitely brought in a backup after the calf injury to Burrow.

Andy Dalton would have been the best option for backup QB, but I can see why he wouldn't want the job.
Case Keenum played pretty damn well for the Vikings before they signed Kirk.
There were a number of solid options for backup QB in the offseason. We ended up with Simien.

Right now I couldn't tell you the best option.
I would say Matt Ryan is the best I'm aware of, but I'm not sure if he is in shape or what.

Bengals/Taylor could have handled this situation better (both in preventing injury and in bringing in a backup).
It is what it is at this point.
Not sure what to expect.
If Burrow isn't healthy, this season could be over though.
If we signed a capable backup, I'd be more optimistic.

I didn't expect this. Last year at 0-2 I was very confident we'd make the playoffs.
Without Burrow it feels more like 50-50.

Andy would be a disaster.  

People would be ecstatic if he somehow came back, but that's largely based on near decade-old memories.  The minute he failed he's get eaten alive by fans and media.  

He's a capable backup and he's better than what we have, but I feel like he's run into some very unrealistic expectations in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you want to start Jake or Will? - samhain - 09-19-2023, 12:41 PM