Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-19-2023, 12:55 PM)Dill Wrote: No one is discussing the NM governor any more.

Not solely, no. We are discussing the Dems utter failure in the realm of the criminal justice system, of which she is most certainly a part.  You arguing that the thread is already derailed so your contributing to that further is not a problem is interesting though.

Quote:But if they were, what you call a "distinction without a difference" could have some application,

both to the governor's legal argument and posters' responses to that argument,

since the point of the both federal and state constitutions is to have rule of law, not of men.

Maybe you need to hear it from somewhere besides "the left" though.

https://www.fff.org/2016/02/26/the-rule-of-men-vs-the-rule-of-law/

There is a common misconception regarding the term “the rule of law.” Lots of people, including U.S. officials, believe that it means that people should obey the law. But that’s not what it means. What it means is a society in which people have to answer only to the law and not to the edicts or orders issued by government officials. A society in which people have to respond to edicts and orders issued by politicians and bureaucrats is what is called “the rule of men.”

Are you not getting that literally no one is interested in your semantic parsing of hairs?  We all understand that you utterly avoid topics that you can't nitpick to death, this being a perfect example.  The vindictive part of me would keep this going as it's doing nothing but making you look bad.  But I'm going to leave it at this.  If you have nothing to add to the discussion beyond this then please, do stop wasting everyone's time.  My thanks in advance.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM