Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution
(09-19-2023, 01:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not solely, no. We are discussing the Dems utter failure in the realm of the criminal justice system, of which she is most certainly a part.  You arguing that the thread is already derailed so your contributing to that further is not a problem is interesting though.

Are you not getting that literally no one is interested in your semantic parsing of hairs?  We all understand that you utterly avoid topics that you can't nitpick to death, this being a perfect example.  The vindictive part of me would keep this going as it's doing nothing but making you look bad.  But I'm going to leave it at this.  If you have nothing to add to the discussion beyond this then please, do stop wasting everyone's time.  My thanks in advance.

Speaking for everyone?

I'm not convinced everyone agrees with your insistence that the difference between rule of law and law and order is "parsing hairs."  And I don't think "we all understand" that I'm the one utterly avoiding topics when I do offer my take on your CA bill example, but you can't tell me whether rule of law exists in North Korea.

Especially now that you have vowed never to vote for the only party currently upholding rule of law, apparently prioritizing law and order over rule of law.

I have always been on topic. The question regarding the governor's behavior is whether she is stepping outside rule of law, not whether she is upholding law and order. Your mis-framing just separates the NM incident from that central issue, by fiat.

Perhaps that's why you also never answered the question posed in post #29 about the precedent for a state governor suspending rights. You aren't really interested in the legal/constitutional nuance. You're just insisting everything is a nail, hence the easy segue from a constitutional issues to a CA bill about protecting employees to killers who get off to kill again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Mexico governor deliberately violates Constitution - Dill - 09-19-2023, 02:57 PM