Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes
(09-18-2023, 03:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Bengals are the only team to make the playoffs after starting 0-2 since the NFL went to the 14-team playoff system (2020). And only three teams in the history of the NFL won the Super Bowl after starting 0-2 and that was 16 years ago (The New York Giants).

A handful of teams did make the playoffs after starting 0-3. It's really tough getting to the Super Bowl starting 0-2 (and none made it, I believe starting 0-3) because it's hard to get the home field advantage when starting in such a hole. 

I would hope the Bengals see this as must-win game. They should be desperate to win. But they may not feel this way because of their success in the playoffs on the road the last two years. You would hope the kick in the gut from Cleveland on the road and Baltimore at home would shake off any complacency or believing their pre-season ratings means anything.

Yeah, this team once it finds itself can change all the narratives. They could go 0-3 and Burrow and the entire team gets hot in the 4th 
game and could go on a 14 game winning streak and it wouldn't surprise me. Especially after last season and the way both of these 
seasons have started. We will see, would be nice to get that first win Monday night though that is for sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-19-2023, 08:45 PM
RE: Teams that start 0-3 have no play-off hopes - IcoHolic - 09-22-2023, 08:38 AM