Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Backup QB position: Cooper Rush/Jake Browning-4 weeks to BYE & Burrow
The Backup QB Roster spot has a purpose that has hopefully been well thought out by the Bengals.

I have always thought that a Backup QB should be Rostered that appears able to Win around half of the games he plays in order to

buy TIME for the Starter to get back to health.

Did the Bengals Roster Jake Browning with an expectation that he can go .500 for a handful of games if needed ?

Was he Rostered to save money ?

There are 4 games until the BYE week and I would hope that the Bengals Rostered Browning because they think that he is capable

of at least splitting these 4 games. (2 Wins/2 losses)

If they don't believe that Browning can go .500 over a 4 game stretch, then WHY did they make him the Backup QB?

I am leaning towards Resting Joe Burrow through the BYE week based on the limited information that I have.

Jake Browning would face the Rams, at Titans, at Cardinals, Seahawks. Hope for at least a split (2 Wins/2 losses) then a healthy Burrow.

Cooper Rush backed up for Dallas in 2022 with little experience and won 5 straight games. I would take a split from Browning.

If the Bengals have no FAITH in Browning then they need to Re-evaluate exactly what they expect out of their Backup QB position

going forward. Sometimes backup QB's actually have to play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Backup QB position: Cooper Rush/Jake Browning-4 weeks to BYE & Burrow - depthchart - 09-19-2023, 09:18 PM