Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year
(09-21-2023, 01:39 PM)pally Wrote: The vast majority of Jews in America were born here.  THIS IS THEIR HOMELAND!!!  That is part of the problem with Trump.  He believes that the entire Jewish community votes in lockstep...which they don't.  He also believes they put Israel first...which they don't.  It is a very old Jewish stereotype that they don't care about their country and that their sole loyalty is to themselves.  Jews in Germany weren't "loyal Germans" and they destabilized the country. Hitler played on the casual antisemitism just as Trump consistently does. 

Don't fool yourself, if he thought it was politically expedient to denounce Isreal...he would do it in a heartbeat

That last line. Like I said, you’re assuming you’re in his head, and you care more about what you predict he may be thinking, than what he actually said. It’s a politician thing. Obama and Hillary publicly denounced gay marriage only a few years before it became legal. Does Trump care about Israel? I don’t know. I also don’t care, and you shouldn’t either. We should care about what he did, and he was good to Israel. Biden was lukewarm. Biden pandered to folks like you who care more about rhetoric and less about action, which is why he hired someone for a pointless role (envoy to monitor anti-semitism, again… what the hell is that?). Politicians want to stay in power, they traditionally do so by doing better for the country than the other guy. 

The “voting in lockstep” issue: 70% of Jewish Americans vote Democrat. 77% voted for Biden. It’s not quite as “lockstep” as the AA vote, but it’s pretty one sided. And don’t bash Trump for thinking a certain group of people vote in lockstep when that’s literally what the Democrats run on (“they ain’t black”). 

And I never said Jewish people put Israel first. He never said that either. I said it’s one issue. Again, you underrate how much Jews care about Israel. Millions of Jewish Americans have gone on Taglit Birthright since the program started. Trump was good to Israel, Biden was lukewarm, like I said earlier. But he used tax payer funds to appoint an envoy to monitor anti-Semitism… the most pointless job ever. Trump isn’t wrong in that he expected his loyalty to Israel to count for something, but his mean tweets were enough to get more Jewish people to vote Democrat than ever in history. I did also said the economy, education and healthcare is what they care about most, and I outlined why I thought Trump’s policies were far superior, with the exception of MAYBE education. They bought into the “very good people on both sides” and “he didn’t denounce Nazis (he did)” propaganda and didn’t vote for him. 

And on the education front, we’ll have to see if they keep bailing out student loans every 10 years, student loans that Biden made more easily accessible. What will probably end up happening is we will just keep running into the same problem over and over again. The Democrats know the Republicans don’t want to bail out student loans every decade, so the Dems will be the “good guys” and fix a problem that they intentionally caused, rinse and repeat. It’s pretty brilliant, actually. If Republicans could do more slimy things like that, they may not ever lose another election. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year - LSUfaninTN - 09-21-2023, 03:15 PM