Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(09-22-2023, 04:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: Is it at least possible that some of the grievances this guy mentioned are not just farcical? I could very well imagine that while he harbors many left leaning positions, he just is not willing to go along with some others and wants to put the spotlight on those. Which, if that is so, I do not find to be just a farce.

Here's his OP-ED in the WSJ explaining his decision.

https://archive.ph/HsJvg

Some notable quotes.

I have always tried to be honest and say what I think is right for my city. The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism. Our cities desperately need the genuine commitment to these principles (as opposed to the inconsistent, poll-driven commitment of many Democrats) that has long been a defining characteristic of the GOP.

I really hope someone asks him to clarify what he means by "law and order".  I for one don't understand what he means.  Ninja

Unfortunately, many of our cities are in disarray. Mayors and other local elected officials have failed to make public safety a priority or to exercise fiscal restraint. Most of these local leaders are proud Democrats who view cities as laboratories for liberalism rather than as havens for opportunity and free enterprise.

I know someone I like quite a bit who's been making this exact argument in this very forum.  Nice to have some heavyweight backup on this subject.

As for why Dino thinks this is a farce, that's an easy question to answer, Hollo.  Liberals absolutely hate it when black people don't toe the Dem party line.  One need only look how black conservatives are routinely treated.  Hell, even the current POTUS demanded the black vote or the person in question isn't really black.

As for the gentleman in question, he seems very sincere in his reasons and beliefs.  Hopefully this will be the start of a change in the permissive attitude towards criminals that so many Dems expound as some sort of twisted virtue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-22-2023, 05:07 PM