Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(09-23-2023, 09:32 AM)Dill Wrote: Why doesn't the bolded apply to you?

Maybe it does?  Could tou provide me some examples of my being smug on the issue of public safety and the actual enforcement of the penal code?

Quote:Since your "easy answers" can never be the problem, people who don't agree with your law and order take are "blind" by definition.

I actually really haven't advanced many answers, as we've never gotten past you actually acknowledging there's a problem that needs any.  I certainly could, and surprisingly, some of them are actually not very complicated.

Quote:You tell them what's what, yet they remain "sadly" beyond reach.

And Trump supporters don't care about Rule of Law any more than Trump does if they are still voting for him.

Yeah, here is why you fail on this issue, entirely.  Like it or not, there are some vagaries about Trump's level of involvement in 01/06.  Also, if one is inclined to believe there was election fraud, and there are tens of millions that do, then his actions cannot be viewed as criminal, but just.  You disagree, and guess what, so do I.  But that doesn't change the fact that millions do.  So those people aren't against the rule of law, they just view what law was actually broken here differently than we do.

There is no such wiggle room or vagaries when it comes to street level crime.  Everyone except actual criminals loathes it.  There is no subjectivity about prosecuting criminals, especially recidivists, to the fullest extent of the law.  You assert that being concerned with this has to be on equal terms to being concerned about Trump's actions.  It doesn't and it's not even close to it.  A person can fully believe that Trump was in the right on the '20 elections and still want street level criminals rightfully prosecuted as prescribed by the penal code.

Day to day concerns are always going to trump (no pun) those occurring out of sight, no matter how significant you believe those to be.  And it doesn't get much more day to day than rampant criminality, and those enabling this criminality, the Dems, are going to rightfully pay the price for allowing it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-23-2023, 01:11 PM