Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(09-23-2023, 01:11 PM)Bengalion Wrote: He is against the far left agenda. The left of the past is now republican, and to think that Clinton’s plans would be considered far right by todays standards. The Dallas' communist population got punched in the face after that move, some red rats are implying republicans paid him and that his bank accounts should be checked by FBI. Fantastic move for the city. He has a real chance to set a major city up as an example of how it should be ran across the county, not just in investments but crime. Sadly, I don’t think a GOP mayor in Dallas County will last beyond the next election cycle. The county (because of Dallas) overwhelmingly re-elects communists.

I voted against him back in 2019.  I also thought between he and Clay Jenkins, that completely botched the pandemic.  So many long standing local businesses never recovered.  The way he handled the George Floyd protests (riots) through downtown and into Deep Ellum was ***** pathetic.  

If i get past that and go back and look at what he's done in terms of policy....it's honestly not terrible.  He's stuck to his guns on backing police as far as I can tell.  He seems focused on taking action against violent crime so the city doesn't turn into another Chicago....So after spending a few hours thinking about this, he honestly hasn't been all that bad.  My initial reaction was a bit of an eye roll but it doesn't really matter.  He sucks at crisis management but isn't all that bad for policy.  Maybe he'll be successful like you're implying.

I think the only people that are really upset are the liberals that drown themselves in identity politics.  The Dallas subreddit is seething with ignorance right now calling for a recall.  

I still don't get where you are going with the communist talk though.  

(09-23-2023, 02:06 PM)hollodero Wrote: Communists? Really? It's honestly tough to take anyone seriously who uses this term to describe Democrats.

Even more so in this context. One thing communists are usually not is lenient towards real or perceived criminals. A Gulag wasn't summer vacation.

I've never met a communist in Dallas
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - basballguy - 09-23-2023, 03:42 PM