Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Poll Biden is too old to be next POTUS
(09-23-2023, 06:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: You can not verify that these things have anything to do with each other though. I'm not saying so because I adore Biden, I do not. I'm a spectator, and a part of me probably even would want you to find something conclusive, for I'm here for the show really. But what you actually have is not conclusive, and just too thin. I wouldn't report on it much in my newspaper, would I own one.

I don't deny any of that, there's truth to it. If you extend media to shows films etc, then yes the media is overwhelmingly left-leaning and that is a tough battleground for conservatives.
Where I have an issue with is that this is your explanation for everything, and also your excuse for everything. Trump did not just get ridiculed on a daily basis out of a habit to bash conservatives - he was ridiculed on a daily basis because he did or said something ridiculus on a daily basis. And not to dismiss the senior moments of Biden, which are certainly happening more often than would be ideal, to put it mildly. They are mostly not the same thing that Trump got ridiculed for. And sure, if Trump had said God save the Queen or something like that, he'd get mocked for it too, way more than Biden did get mocked, that is probably true. But it's just complacent to leave it at that. Trump also said things like he had fallen in love with north Koreas gory dictator. And the next day, he probably said something equally absurd, like the day before. Or let crazies like Rudy talk for him, blasting out a wild conspiracy or whatever. That kind of thing will get you bashed, and it would get Biden bashed too. There's just a different quality to it and Biden doing weird Biden stuff does not come close to any of it.

Yeah you know why that is, because FOX is even worse. In pretty much every respect. They are even more blatantly partisan, even more opinionated, even less factual, even more falling for unconfirmed conspiracy crap, and oh boy they lead their audience into each and every rabbit hole. Scandal upcoming, bombshell here, bombshell there, remember the Nunes memo for example? No one does, but for weeks it was the one big thing, until some other big thing turned out to be a complete dud, and it never stopped for years. They don't just spin, they lie. They don't just favor a politician, they completely roll over for him and call him genius and viral and powerful and stuff MSNBC would never ever say about Biden or anyone. Hannity called Trump multiple times a week, so it's said, and it's probably true, how can such a personal relation lead to any meaningful reporting? Their anchors defend themselves in court by claiming no reasonable person would take them seriously. That is the kind of stuff that gets you a beating CNN or MSNBC doesn't get, because they are demonstrably worse. And they lose massive lawsuits over it.

Aside from that, sure. FOX goes after Biden, MSNBC goes after Trump, they are both partisan and both pretty awful as a news station. I get that.

Yeah that's because Russian collusion is not just crap. And I find it a piece of cognitive dissonance to still run around and calling it "crap". You might find many flaws with the narrative, that is fair, but you have to acknowledge what was there. It's plenty, just looking at it openly, flipping through Muller's report, going through the many indictments and the convictions that resulted, or aall what was in between.
Just as one example of many, it was Trump that decided the greatest guy to run his campaign would be Paul Manafort, who does it for free! And maybe he could not have known that he is already surveilled by the FBI for years. But the simplest of vetting would have revealed that he is a Kremlin asset, as in taking in millions from Russia to lobby for their cause in all kinds of places. Oh, and he's in debt with an oligarch and therefore meets him regularly to talk about the campaign. Now just stop there, think for one moment if that had come out about Hillary's campaign manager, or Biden's. The scandal would already be complete. Wouldn't it? I usually get no answer to this question, but you don't seem like the shy type and might just provide one.

"Crap" is something else than that, and then some.

The one person that does the best job of assassinating Trump's character is Trump. I for one don't need any media people to tell me that, following him on twitter alone was sufficient to reach that conclusion. If you're a moron, hostile media might paint you as such without hesitation. Of course this evolves a victim mythology, and sadly that is working. Why else go for the moron three times in a row.

You forgot CNN, every celebrity in Hollywood (except the cancelled ones), and all social media outlets. Fox News is the only main source that does not go after Trump. And for the most part, they just show videos of Biden. If we’re comparing parallels, they called Trump senile, suffering from dementia, and wanted a cognitive test when he made a random tweet (“covfefe”) while they ignore the fact that our current President shakes hands with ghosts. It’s unacceptable. 

The Russia thing is crap. Reasons I know it’s crap:

1) 2 year investigation
2) Steele dossier, which to me, says that they knew there was no collusion
3) There is absolutely no reason or motive for Putin to get Trump elected. Trump was the last person Russia wanted to get elected. The one thing they have is oil and they want to decrease the US’s influence on the price of oil as well as weaken our economy. They spread propaganda on drilling over holy land (Dakota Access Pipeline) when it was 100 miles south. Look at the map! The crippling of the economy did not happen under Trump, but they are happening under Biden. Why would Putin shoot himself in the foot? None of it’s been proven, it never will be, and Putin only has motive to NOT get Trump elected. Trump was a lot harder on Russia than Biden or Obama was in every way other than his rhetoric. The argument makes no sense. And, why wouldn’t he collude in the second one?

Trump is good at giving the liberal media fuel to twist his words. But he does not character assassinate himself. His bedside manner is what bothers people. I’ve used this example a few times, but a perfect example is when he says he wants to build a wall, he gets called xenophobic. When the NYC mayor says illegals will be the death of NYC, when Martha’s Vineyard couldn’t even handle 50 before they called the national guard to get them out, radio silence. I’m tired of the double standard. 

Your point about the media not having it out for conservatives. They called DeSantis a white supremacist and all the typical buzzwords, the only reason they’ve left him and the other candidates alone is because they won’t get the nomination.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Biden is too old to be next POTUS - LSUfaninTN - 09-23-2023, 08:56 PM