Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(09-23-2023, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What has Trump been convicted of in his almost 80 years on this planet? As a conservative, I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I believe if a jury finds you guilty, you have the right to appeal it.

It will be a long time before any Trump indictments are finalized. Until Trump is convicted and runs out of appeals, your rule of law comments are void of truth.

I don't recall 1 Republican on the side of defunding the police, but it was a Democratic mantra not long ago. It is Democrats who carry the burden of applauding efforts to defund the police in order to buy the black vote. Of course, it is backfiring as it the black community that does not feel safe in their own neighborhoods. It is black children being shot and killed in their neighborhoods.

Well so far he hasn't been convicted of a criminal charge. He has lost suits for grift (Trump foundation, Trump University), discrimination in housing, and other unsavory activities. That's the five-times bankrupted, twice-impeached Vulgarian you want back in office so badly.

Strange tack on criminal law you have, which I guess you have to adopt to absolve Trump of criminality. No one thinks a murder was not committed until an accused murderer is convicted and runs out of appeals. Someone coordinated a mob before the Capitol to coincide with pressure on the VP with forged lists of electors, then did nothing as he watched a riot in Capitol for two hours. Dear American voter--We won't know who did that or even whether any laws were broken until Trump is convicted and runs out of appeals. 

Joe Biden?  Fox smoke = FIRE!!  IMPEACH NOW!

DJT?   FIRE WE ALL SAW = just smoke  until we know for sure which Commander in Chief was watching the Capitol insurrection on WH tv doing nothing for two hours as the mob he sent there blocked certification. Could take years before the law determines that was Trump we saw. If he is innocent until proven guilty, then for the next election American voters must disregard what they saw. Think of it like jury instructions.

His impeachments were a continuation of his contempt for law, but unfortunately not tried by a jury. Rather, your party refused to hold him accountable. That's why I say it's not just Trump who scoffs at rule of law. Republicans who uphold rule of law are voted out of office. That is they Trump supporters want it.

A BLM mantra =/= a Democratic party mantra. I recall Republicans--party leaders--calling to defund the FBI, and promising to carve it up if they ever regain power. Isn't that the Heritage Foundation plan? That will teach them what it means to politicize government.

(09-23-2023, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But hey, tell us smugly how conservatives are against the rule of law and law and order? The actions of the left caused harm and crime to spike. The actions of the left to not prosecute criminals and using catch and release resulted in more crime. The actions of Joe Biden refusing to enforce our immigration laws is causing crime to spike as illegal immigrants flock freely into our our open borders, get released into our country and then kill US citizens. The illegal immigrants are not vaccinated, the health of Americans is at risk as now close to 5 million illegal immigrants have entered our country in since January 2022. The lack of the border is 100% on Joe Biden's policies, he admitted this week as much and is seeking to give work permits to 1 million illegal immigrants, meanwhile many worthy people from other countries go to the back of the line attempting to use the proper method to enter the US.

The Joe Biden failure to secure our border is the biggest failure in US history of lack of law and order. JB is blatantly refusing to follow the immigration law Congress enacted a long time ago. It is only Congress that can change immigration law, not the POTUS. 

LOL I saw what you did there. I don't believe I have ever said "conservatives," as you strangely call Trump voters, are against law and order. The claim is they 1) don't understand rule of law or 2) don't care. I.e., they will vote for Trump order over rule of law if there is a conflict.

Double LOL if the right thinks the unvaccinated are a threat when it comes to undocumented immigrants. Vaccines work on them.

Fine if you want to argue border policies or dislike how Joe handles the problem for which he cannot ever get bi-partisan support. But that's separate from the question whether a vote for Trump now is vote for rule of law or against it. Lumping the border problem into this question just looks like more conflation of rule of law with law and order--exactly the problem I was addressing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - Dill - 09-24-2023, 11:01 AM