Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(09-23-2023, 06:21 PM)Dill Wrote: You are comparing the phenomenon of many crimes--street crime--to one when you say that unlike the Trump case, street crime has no wiggle room. I'm betting there is plenty of wiggle room in at least some street crimes. And I'm betting that some street criminals think what they are doing is not criminal either. Which is why they cannot be allowed to decide that for themselves. We are in agreement about that. I'm just not willing to relax that standard when it comes to Trump and his co-conspirators, or to those Capitol insurrectionists he wants to pardon.

I am not saying that street crime should be on "equal terms" with concern for rule of law. I am saying the rule of law should always be the prior concern, at least if we want to retain liberal democracy. Anymore, though, I'm not sure that's what all Americans want. I don't think a Trump regime will appreciably lessen street crime, but even it did, I wouldn't trade rule of law for lower crime rates.  And rule of law IS at stake in the 2024 election.

You'll forgive me for skipping over yet another diatribe about Trump and the "big lie".  You added nothing you haven't repeated at least a hundred times before in other posts, so please forgive me for moving past it.

What you, and many far leftists, can't seem to grasp is that there is no comparison here.  A street criminal may feel justified in what they do, although I can tell you regardless of their excuses they give the vast, vast majority of them know they're doing wrong and don't care.  I shared the story of the woman who was stealing groceries to "feed her kids" but had a cart loaded with hundreds of dollars of king crab legs and numerous bottles of liquor.  So, it's more a case of telling stories they know will garner sympathy in far left ideologues and the terminally gullible than it is believing what they're doing is justified.  Criminals play the far left like a violin, they see you as convenient marks, a sucker they can run game on.  And in the far left's rush to appear as virtuous as possible they eagerly fill this role to the detriment of everyone else.

You can try as you might to make people view Trump's actions on the same level as the guy who put a gun in their face and demanded their wallet or car.  Or the smash and grab theft ring that just looted their business.  Or the person who randomly assaulted them for "disrespecting them".  Or the person who punched an elderly woman in the face, took her purse and threw her down on the ground, breaking her hip.  Or the person whose house was broken into, robbed and ransacked with the thieves spray painting over their artwork and on their hardwood floors, leaving graffiti that said they were easy to rob.  And these are just a few examples of cases I have directly seen this month.

You can try all you like, and you will continue to fail in that regard, because street level crime, that actually affects people's day to day lives, will always matter more than what Trump did or did not do on 01/06, no matter how much righteous indignation you muster over the issue.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-24-2023, 12:16 PM