Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-24-2023, 09:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our offensive scheme is less of a scheme and more of a reactionary system; if the defense does this, then do that. McDaniel attacks the offense, the Dolphins have free runners. We are using a limited playbook nowadays because of Joe's calf but we were never an attacking offense unless Chase was being played by a single defender.

Iv seen this said and don’t really know how we would do that. Dolphins can do that because they got 2 elite burners. Our WRs are great but only Jamarr is a burner. I actually think we kinda already Taylor the scheme to our guys. Higgins Chase and Boyd all have insane hands and feet so it makes sense we work the sidelines so much but i agree, it just seems easy when the Dolphins do it.

Only thing i think we should do way more is bunching those 3 together on the same side of the field. If our 4th WR was a burner we could do this and put WR4 by himself and dare them not to put a safety over top. When we put Tee and Chase on opposite sides of Burrow, the other teams just go 2 high and double overtop. We have to punish that. Theoretically Boyd should benefit over the middle but Iv seen plays where Tee/Chase are both doubled overtop AND Boyd is bracketed on the inside. So i mean what do you do? The only real answer is to run the damn ball to lossen up the pass D and to do play actions. Teams now have even started making sure they cover the checkdown too so it’s like we have to run well to pass
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Housh - 09-24-2023, 09:53 PM