Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Burrow ternding in the right direction...
(09-25-2023, 12:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Update from this morning:

[url= url]

Good news, figured he would be playing this game as long as he can walk, he will play. He ain't no wimp as some posters 
were alleging here this week, bastids. Whatever

Just wondering how well he plays, he played much better in the 2nd half against the Rats before tweaking the calf.

(09-25-2023, 12:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is this...

If he continues tweaking his calf every other week...does it set back the actual time it takes for him to get to 100%?

I know that may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer to it and I feel like it's a pretty important question. If the calf takes the same amount of time to get to 100% tweaking or no tweaking, then I'd say continue to play him.

Good question. Mellow

(09-25-2023, 12:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: As far as I know, the recommendation for calf strains is RICE - Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. Without extended rest, it is possible it may not get back to 100%. One of the bigger concerns is that a calf injury can maybe lead to a worse injury, such as a torn Achilles. I was discussing this with my physical therapist last week. The Bengals training staff is going to know all of this. If Burrow continues playing, this injury could linger all season. How big of a deal that is, we aren't sure. If he plays tonight, we will have a little more information to answer that question with. 

Sounds about right, thanks KillerGoose. If he plays tonight, I just hope he doesn't re-tweak it is all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow ternding in the right direction... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-25-2023, 02:04 PM