Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-25-2023, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good stuff Weezy. I'd rep that post but it's not giving me the option to even quote it for some reason. Anyway, as is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Is Zac Taylor the second coming of Bill Walsh? No. Is he Richie Kotite reincarnated? Again, no. He's a good HC, and alright playcaller that has improved each year. No one wants to admit it, but with Joe's freedom in calling plays himself, comes growing pains each year because he has missed a lot of time practicing and scrimmaging. My one gripe with Zac is abandoning the run too soon at times. Then again, who's to say Joe isn't the one calling a lot of the pass plays and/or checking out of them.

Well said Wyche and yeah that film Weezy provided shows some beautiful motion that I hope to see a lot more of.

Zac is still learning and that is what is nice about having a young HC instead of an old dog.

I also think it is Burrow who checks to the pass a lot so cannot put all the blame on Zac here either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-25-2023, 02:37 PM