Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
From Florida to California, dwindling insurance options
(09-25-2023, 04:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: alright i'm hopping on this train.

GEICO just sent me my 6mo renewal and it is a increase of almost 15% (14.4).  This is with me driving like maybe 5k miles a year.  The last 6mo renewal was 10%.  So i call them up and they are blaming the increase cost on the cost of insuring drivers in this state (Colorado).  I could literally buy a whole new car for the insurance payments they want (350/month)....for one vehicle and no other drivers.

I've changed a couple times in the last 5 years now.  Coming to realize it's a lot like the game you have to play with cable companies - they will quote you a below market rate to win your business, and then hit you with significant premium increases the following years because they know people don't check that closely (especially when they hook you on autopay for an additional discount).

The last two times I've done this has been like $700 annual savings each time - and I also only drive about 5000 miles per year.  No recent accidents or tickets, either.  Bundled home/auto/umbrella, so that's a total but it's mostly for auto.

It's a pain, but worth a few hours of work to switch (it doesn't even take that long).  IMO, the length of relationship doesn't mean squat - you never know what's going to happen when you finally have a large claim, other than they WILL try to deny/disqualify you.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: From Florida to California, dwindling insurance options - JustWinBaby - 09-25-2023, 04:46 PM