Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession
(09-16-2023, 12:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ever been to Texas by chance? If immigration was such a drag on the economy Texas would be flat broke by now and would have to sell off half the state to Mexico..
So would California..

We have labor shortages with no help in sight simply because younger generations decided they evidently don't like screwing to replace us old people..
FACT:I'm one of the youngest of the largest workforce in American history and I'm retired.. There will be no larger workforce without immigration and the United States is not alone in this problem. It's far worse in nearly the entire developed world. China is toast as is Russia and most of Asia. Europe has far fewer young people than the US. 
About the only large population with a very young workforce left in the world is in Africa. 
South America has become a basket case of instability no thanks to US policies over the past 50 or so years and the people trying to make it across the border are going to keep coming regardless of who is in the white house. Walls are not going to stop people from wanting to survive, but what might help is to relocate many of the factories that demand low wage workers can fill might. Since China is going tits up put those factories in the Southern hemisphere and quit ***** around.. 

There’s so much wrong with this post and I don’t even know where to start. I’m not trying to be mean, but it truly is that bad. BTW, Texas is 65 billion in debt and California is 150 billion in debt. It’s estimated that illegal immigration costs Texas up to 

“If it were such a drag on the economy Texas would be flat broke” — Texas is currently 65 billion in debt, and according to the Center for Immigration Studies, estimates show that illegal immigration costs Texas 18.2 billion a year. Do the research and see it for yourself, don’t just make stuff up. When Texas and Florida sent them to Martha’s Vineyard they called the national guard because they couldn’t handle 50 for more than 24 hours, despite their vast assortments of “no human is illegal” signs all over the place. No one actually wants an influx of illegal immigration, there are just those who are too big of wimps to say it out loud. 

Not sure of your political leanings and I won’t assume. But as a general question, I’ll ask this again: Why do so many on the left vehemently defend illegal immigration. Are they that afraid of inaccurately being called a racist? Do you realize how bizarre this is. We are the only developed country in the West where it’s controversial to want people to come here the legal way and get kicked out if you sneak in. And for the love of god, stop confusing illegal immigration with immigration. 

While you’re correct that the labor force is shrinking in all areas, including unskilled labor, as far as that field is concerned, it’s shrinking because of a decreasing demand for the work, due to lack of manufacturing jobs and the rise of automation. Mexico and Central America are mostly bringing unskilled and uneducated workers. No, they’re not filling jobs “Americans don’t want to do.” That’s a silly myth that was started by the left and perpetuated by people who don’t do any research. The unemployment rate among people with highschool or lower educations is double the national unemployment average. The US is moving towards skilled labor jobs. No one wants to say it, but doctors, bankers, software engineers and lawyers aren’t sneaking over from Mexico. We do not have the resources and cannot sustain the influx, which would be considered an invasion anywhere else on the planet. 

I’ll say this one more time. The rate of illegal border crossings is higher than it’s ever been, even higher than 2008-2016 and MUCH higher than when Trump was in office. Does the fact that the woke mayor of NYC or the former mayor of Chicago finally admitting illegal immigration was bad, mean ANYTHING to you? Total 180 from “all are welcome.” Why? Because it didn’t affect them when they said that stuff.

I simply don’t understand why this is even an issue at all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forget Politics, are we heading for a recession - LSUfaninTN - 09-26-2023, 01:50 AM