Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Need More Intelligence
(09-26-2023, 10:13 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The majority of those don't get their money from income wages, they get it thru investing. IE: Buffet makes 100k/yr in income wages. So it's not going to hit him hard at all. We just taxed one of the richest men in the US and all we gonna get is +30k in taxes... whooop de doo. And if you think he's the only one that does that game, then you are sadly mistaken. 

and at best her plan will generate 1.5-2T over a decade. In the 80's when the rate was high, it only generated about 5-7B annually, adjusted to today's numbers that's roughly 15-18B annually. Just make sure you always read the entire print, when they throw BIG numbers out there, make sure it's not followed by "over a decade" type of tripe. They all conveniently love to leave that last line off and make it sound to everyone that it's annually to get us behind it.

I don't have any problems with it if they would use it for the Debt, but the problem i have, is that instead of using it for debt, they will create MORE programs that will need constant support and just add to the debt instead of lower it.

EDIT: Why do you think Buffet is a big time supporter of raising the taxes on the rich? cause he knows that it's not going to really effect him as much as the ill-informed public would like to believe and he scores nice brownie points.

Find a way to tax those investments over $xxx and guys like Buffet will never shut up about it.

Yeah. Biden and the democrats would just appoint a bunch of special envoys or fund trans/gay/minority/insertoppressedflavorofthemonth ceremonies or something. I still don’t know what the hell a “Special Envoy to Monitor Anti-Semitism” is or why he felt the need to increase funding for the Holocaust Rememberance Fund. Other than the David Duke’s of the world I feel like we cover it pretty extensively in school. Just pandering. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
We Need More Intelligence - NATI BENGALS - 09-23-2023, 02:35 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - GMDino - 09-23-2023, 08:43 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - basballguy - 09-23-2023, 08:13 PM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - LSUfaninTN - 09-25-2023, 11:56 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - LSUfaninTN - 09-25-2023, 12:04 PM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - grampahol - 09-26-2023, 01:44 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - LSUfaninTN - 09-26-2023, 02:19 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - LSUfaninTN - 09-26-2023, 11:08 AM
RE: We Need More Intelligence - grampahol - 09-26-2023, 02:00 AM