Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Defense Still Wins Championships
(09-26-2023, 08:56 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: No, defense doesn’t win championships. KC is doing just fine with a lousy defense. This defense played great last night and they played awful the first 2 games. Our run defense still looks very very bad. We got lucky LA didn’t run it more. These jet sweeps are killing us.

I love Hendrickson, he may be the best free agent singing we’ve ever had. But no one else on this line gets consistent pressure. It’s going to be an issue this year and in to the playoffs.

Unless you have a historically good offense, defense still wins championships.

Actually, the most high-powered defense in history (Pats) lost in the Super Bowl because the Giants had a pass rush that got to Brady.

Times have changed, but a pass rush is still the best way to win a championship if you can at least put up some points.

I was impressed by our pass rush last night (specifically Hubbard and Hendrickson), and with the stunts and schemes that Lou called. I remember one third down where I saw the tackle take an outside rush and the end did around him to rush from the inside and then a backer blitzed between them when they had passed. The other side of the line did a similar stunt but without the backer blitzing. I saw calls like that all night and it was fun to watch.

If Ossai can come back and be anywhere near as good as H&H and can help to keep us fresh, our pass rush will be tough to stop!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defense Still Wins Championships - BFritz21 - 09-26-2023, 03:46 PM