Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Defense Still Wins Championships
(09-26-2023, 03:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Unless you have a historically good offense, defense still wins championships.

Actually, the most high-powered defense in history (Pats) lost in the Super Bowl because the Giants had a pass rush that got to Brady.

Times have changed, but a pass rush is still the best way to win a championship if you can at least put up some points.

I was impressed by our pass rush last night (specifically Hubbard and Hendrickson), and with the stunts and schemes that Lou called. I remember one third down where I saw the tackle take an outside rush and the end did around him to rush from the inside and then a backer blitzed between them when they had passed. The other side of the line did a similar stunt but without the backer blitzing. I saw calls like that all night and it was fun to watch.

If Ossai can come back and be anywhere near as good as H&H and can help to keep us fresh, our pass rush will be tough to stop!

And it's because a dominant pass rush can disrupt a high powered offense.

But, there are teams with a dominant pass rush, that don't make the playoffs (Cleveland/Arizona).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defense Still Wins Championships - THE PISTONS - 09-26-2023, 04:05 PM