Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year
(09-26-2023, 07:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Then the whole world is "flat out lying"--except for Israel and the US right.

I've found people who come of the gate on issues like this shouting "liar" usually don't know much about
Middle East history, or international law, or how the latter applies to cases in the Israeli-Arab conflict,
though they may have strong ideological investments in one side.

The 1982 UN Resolution on Golan definitely labels Israel the aggressor--
a state which has seized territory by war, retained it against international law and annexed it.
https://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/21/world/un-resolution-on-golan.html

Axis violations of sovereign states' integrity defined the post war legal framework for addressing
war instituted by the UN and supported by other international bodies like the International
Red Cross and the International Criminal Court. The statutes involved in the Golan situation are
same ones currently invoked in the international condemnation of Russia's aggression in Ukraine.

I don't "ignore" anything about the Six-Day, which began with a surprise attack on Egypt.
But it would not matter if Egypt, or Syria, had struck first.

When the war is over, it is illegal to continue occupying
another state's territory, and then to annex it. End of story. 

In modern day terms, the Arab nations FAFO'd.  This kind of thing will happen when you use proxies to attack your enemies without declaring war.  Also mobilizing your military and expecting the defender to sit on their thumbs is a poor strategy.  You're firmly on record as excusing any excesses by the Muslim majority nations in this conflict, so your biased opinion is noted and safely relegated to inconsequential.  

Odd that you continue to ignore the stated objective of eliminating Israel as a nation.  I'm sure that's just an innocent omission on your part.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-26-2023, 08:05 PM