Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Poll Biden is too old to be next POTUS
(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: You forgot CNN, every celebrity in Hollywood (except the cancelled ones), and all social media outlets.

CNN is not quite that bad for me, though I will certainly not deny they have their issues. As for the rest, how did I forget them? I clearly stated that the media is a tough battle ground for conservatives, if you extend the term to films and shows and such. When it comes to news media, the picture is less one-sided. FOX can not brag about being number 1 and then claim they are not really a significant part of the news media.

(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: The Russia thing is crap. Reasons I know it’s crap:

1) 2 year investigation
2) Steele dossier, which to me, says that they knew there was no collusion

These aren't reasons to know it's crap. The investigations did not turn out empty, not even when it comes to Trump, but especially when it comes to some of his advisors or campaign managers. The Steele dossier played little part in any of it, no one but angry conservatives and late night hosts quotes the uncorroborated allegations in there.

(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: 3) There is absolutely no reason or motive for Putin to get Trump elected. Trump was the last person Russia wanted to get elected. The one thing they have is oil and they want to decrease the US’s influence on the price of oil as well as weaken our economy. They spread propaganda on drilling over holy land (Dakota Access Pipeline) when it was 100 miles south. Look at the map! The crippling of the economy did not happen under Trump, but they are happening under Biden. Why would Putin shoot himself in the foot?

Geez, why? If that were his motivation, he would never have invaded Ukraine, which brings him about all the damage and then some you claim he was so afraid of. On the other hand, there is one huge reason for Putin to prefer Trump - he wanted to weaken NATO and Trump was the candidate who would make that more likely. And that is absolutely a huge part of Russia's efforts, they don't even treat that as a secret. And influence campaigns like in the US happened in other democracies too, and it always are the same kind of people Putin supports one way or another all over Europe. The nationalistic right-wing populists (in Germany also the left-wing populists) that are not exactly keen on working together with other democracies and are very critical of EU or NATO. That was his reason.
And I don't need to speculate on that really. That these influence campaigns happened and happened on behalf of Trump is very well documented, not least by Mueller.

(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: None of it’s been proven, it never will be, and Putin only has motive to NOT get Trump elected. Trump was a lot harder on Russia than Biden or Obama was in every way other than his rhetoric. The argument makes no sense. And, why wouldn’t he collude in the second one?

Probably because his hopes haven't materialized and he was about focusing on doing his Ukraine war anyway.

(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Trump is good at giving the liberal media fuel to twist his words. But he does not character assassinate himself. His bedside manner is what bothers people. I’ve used this example a few times, but a perfect example is when he says he wants to build a wall, he gets called xenophobic. When the NYC mayor says illegals will be the death of NYC, when Martha’s Vineyard couldn’t even handle 50 before they called the national guard to get them out, radio silence. I’m tired of the double standard.

This point makes some sense for itself, but it's also quite selective to reduce the whole picture to these examples. Yep, Trump was called some things that might not have been fair, but he was also called some things that were absolutely fair.

(09-23-2023, 08:56 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Your point about the media not having it out for conservatives.  

Again, I never made such a point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Biden is too old to be next POTUS - hollodero - 09-27-2023, 05:51 PM