Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Official Tanner Hudson for TE1 campaign thread
(09-27-2023, 10:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: What exactly is your case, that Hudson should have a spot on the 53 or that he should become the new TE1? For I'd say yes to the former and no to the latter. 

My case against degrading Irv Smith is that there were only two games with an apparently severely hampered QB to evaluate him by. I doubt Tanner Hudson would have been able to do much more in these games - even more so since we saw one game of Mr. Hudson with a somewhat improved passing game and it's not like he set the world on fire there. Putting him from the practice squad right on top of the depth chart because of 30 receiving yards against the Rams seems a bit rushed. 
Granted, I actually still believe Irv Smith can be good and would like to see a few more games before giving up on him.

The thread is based on limited observations…

1. Irv Smith seems to have limited availability 2. Most of the data for Hudson is preseason against 2s and 3s, but in his one opportunity he flashed

It makes for an interesting question at the least. Happy to get others opinions.

I think we will get at least one more week of him as Smith heals up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Official Tanner Hudson for TE1 campaign thread - maclanta - 09-28-2023, 10:00 AM