Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year
(09-27-2023, 11:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like you are, obliquely, admitting that Israel did strike first (but that was ok!!),
without denying the consistency of the UN condemnation with international law,

Actually, no.  I specifically mentioned the irregular forces being used against Israel prior to the military mobilization of their neighbors with obvious hostile intent.  Here's a source for you.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Six-Day-War

Prior to the start of the war, attacks conducted against Israel by fledgling Palestinian guerrilla groups based in SyriaLebanon, and Jordan had increased, leading to costly Israeli reprisals. 

These are the irregular forces I mentioned.  Putin didn't invent the "little green men" strategy.  So, no, Israel did not start the conflict, those directly aiding the irregular forces and those forces themselves did.  

As for Israel formally striking first, I'd compare that to if the US knew about the Pearl Harbor attack in advance and ambushed the Japanese navy en route to Hawaii.

Quote:though you nevertheless dismiss the factual record I reported as inconsequential "biased opinion,"
because I am supposedly "on record" somewhere "as excusing any excesses by Muslim majority nations."

Perhaps the claim then is that these points cannot therefore be "consequential" or even factual:
1) that international law forbids annexing land taken in war,

When is Poland returning Danzig and East Prussia to Germany then?  Is this why Obama did almost nothing when Russia annexed the Crimea?

Quote:2) that Israel annexed land taken in war, and 

They did indeed.  I have gone on record in this very forum stating that it would have been better for them long term if they had not.  But claiming that Israel started the conflict is 100% wrong.  They were constantly provoked by overtly hostile neighbors who specifically stated their intent.

Quote:3) that the UN condemned Israel for just that, naming it an "aggressor."

You aren't calling the reported legal application a "flat out lie" anymore. Maybe it never was?   

That happened in 1981, fourteen years after the war.  You make is sound like Israel was labelled the aggressor during the six days war.  This must be a mistake, because you would never do something so disingenuous.

Quote:Odd that the UN condemnation omitted any "stated objective of eliminating Israel as a nation" as well.
Surely an "innocent omission" on their part, because recognizing that would surely have changed  . . . what?

Is such an omission by you and them proof that that goal wasn't and still is, proclaimed by Israel's enemies?

Quote:My guess is--nothing concerning the application of international law.  

The funny thing is I'm not a huge fan of Israel or their foreign policy.  But you're so amazingly biased towards them that anyone with a sense of basic fairness would feel the need to set the record straight on their behalf.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: P01135809 goes after "Liberal Jews" on Jewish New Year - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-28-2023, 05:11 PM