Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(09-28-2023, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah yes.

For sure we can blame the dems for all crime. Such a home run argument. Red good blue bad. Criminals always consider the party of the elected officials in the jurisdiction they are about to commit a crime in. Am I right?

You're looking at this as a zero sum game, it's not.  But you actually made a solid point in the second part here, criminals absolutely do consider the jurisdiction they're in when they commit crimes.  I live in Orange COunty again.  While not as blue as it once was, it is still far more conservative than LA County.  The DA here literally campaigned on not letting OC turn into LA, and his opponent was endorsed by the LA DA.  You literally do not see smash and grab gangs operate here in OC.  I won't say they never happen, but if they do they are exceedingly rare.  They happen on a daily basis in LA.  And Orange County has some extremely wealthy area.  You see smash and grab all the time in Beverly Hills high end retailers.  You absolutely do not see them in Newport Beach.  I've literally heard criminals tell each other to stay out of OC because they don't "f@$* around there".  I've also heard criminals brag about how lenient the DA is in LA and how robbery, "isn't a big deal anymore".

Quote:Let’s just totally disregard the major declines in retail stores over the last couple decades. Not when we can beat our chest because target closed a handful of stores.

We aren't ignoring it, it's just not germane when discussing stores closing specifically due to high shrinkage.

Quote:I wonder. If you had a group of 100 people and a group of 100,000 people. Which one would likely have the most criminals. Gee whiz. Really tough question.

I addressed this above, but just so you have a frame of reference.  Population per square mile for LA vs Orange County.

LA: 2,430/sq mi, 9.83 million overall

OC: 4,019.7/sq mi, 3.16 million overall

These are both huge urban centers, we're not talking the big city vs. rural Wyoming here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-28-2023, 08:16 PM