Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans'
(10-01-2023, 01:41 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: "Because you are just as hardline in your stance as they are in theirs and not open to anything else and you appear as a Pro-Life hater. "

What I hate is hypocrisy. "Pro life" people are against any program providing anything a kid might need after its born - SNAP, welfare, etc. That's not "pro LIFE" that's pro fetus. 

"First, Straight from Science (not religion) the Life Cycle of a Human Being starts at the Fertilization of the Embryo's Conception."

It's funny that Christian conservatives in this country (I'll add the caviat of "Christian" here because they're the vast majority of "conservatives" in this country) like to use science when it suits them. They'll deny the facts of evolution and climate change all day long. But the life cycle of an animal will get brought up. 

"when it gets a soul" - what's a soul? 

"My view has nothing to do with "controlling women" it has to do with the RIGHT to LIFE in general. "
That's YOUR view. Not the view of the majority of the people in the movement or the people at the top of the movement. 

Compromise? 

Here's a compromise: keep government out of women's bodies. Period. 

You don't support abortion? DON'T GET ONE.

Republicans used to be about small government. That is no more. The modern Republican party WANTS big government especially when it pertains to your personal life. 

Boook burning - I didn't say ALL Republicans. Go back. If you don't support it speak out against it, otherwise, you are part of the problem. 

Boy you got me figured out, stereo typed and all. 
I am against using Christianity to make Laws. They are separate for a reason.
Now some are common sense as well, such as thou shall not kill, obviously that is also a Law with consequences.

Who said I was against SNAP? In fact, i think kids attending schools should all get free breakfast and lunch. To insure they get food 2x per day while in school.
Also I don't like some of the current adoption laws. I really hate it when people adopt outside the country but i understand why.

Apparently you've never seen many of my Arguments, i will use Science not Religion.  I respect those that are religious but it's not for me. What i don't respect is those that say use Prayer when their kid had a busted Appendix. It's not gonna work, they need medical intervention. I don't give a flying-**** what your Religion says, that's over the line and is basically Murder in my eyes. 

And Yes i am Pro-Life so what of it? I also respect those that aren't and gave a compromise, which you ignored altogether. 
And i think you are wrong. 1 in 5 thinks it should be legal with no restrictions, 1 in 5 think it should be illegal under all circumstances and the rest believe it should be legal but with restrictions which is the majority and what my compromise was about. Legal in the first tri-mester then it needs to be extreme circumstances to be legal after that.  It's a win-win Lose-lose for both extreme sides but is what the majority wants. If you can't understand that, then you are that 1 in 5 and there's no more point in talking about it with you, as you will never be happy unless the laws reflect "YOUR VIEW". 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans' - Mike M (the other one) - 10-02-2023, 04:07 AM