Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning
(10-01-2023, 08:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: McCarron hasn't done anything since the playoff loss 8 years ago. Only started one game and 1 interception since then, and hasn't taken a snap since 2020 when he had one completion that season.

Browning is an undrafted 27 year qb that has 1 attempt in the NFL.

I'm not saying the Bengals are screwed, but the Bengals are screwed no matter what they do.

Hope one of those two or a limp Burrow proves me wrong next week.

I think you're being a little harsh on McCarron. He was a backup and spent a lot of that time injured, then forgotten and having to use the XFL to prove himself. I'm not saying the dude is going to save the season on a white horse, but I think we could do worse.

(10-01-2023, 09:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This year is a bit of a mix of 2008 and 2010 at the moment.  Burrow is hurt and we aren't getting the Ws, but at the same time we are lacking the magic of pulling wins out of thin air as we did the year before.  In 2009 we cardiac-catted our way into a lot of W's that shoulda been Ls and then in 2010 instead of getting that game winning drive we'd cough up the ball or drop it in the endzone.

We keep expecting magic, and you can't blame us for being amazed miracles don't just fall out of the sky every week.  Can't blame us yet, at least.

I can see that. 2010 had the same lack of energy and "what worked last year isn't working this year" feel to it, while 2008 had the Palmer injury that he tried to play through, but we just kept losing and he shut it down for the year.

(10-01-2023, 11:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Au contraire….McCarron played weekly this year.

In his final game of the 2023 regular season, McCarron went 28-of-35 on the day, throwing for 420 yards and six touchdowns — the yardage and touchdowns were the most in a single game by an XFL passer in league history.  He also set a league record for single-season touchdown passes. He was named 2023 league MVP.

People will brush this off, but it's more than nothing. That is probably what got him a look in the first place. The guy can manage a game and bring some energy while letting Joe heal. I mean seriously, it'd be hard to be worse than Joe right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning - Shake n Blake - 10-02-2023, 04:15 AM