Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches?
The discussions here aren't really any different than they have been the past few years (it's just that people are willing to overlook late in the season making AFCCG and SB). People don't like Zac as OC (I've always been in that camp), and people are frustrated with Pollack and the lack of OL improvement each year. Zac has consistently schemed the team each year based on what he wants not what he has. I love him as a HC, but have never liked him as an OC. He's really stubborn when it comes to play calling and all I can think is that he sees himself as more of a genius than he is. His greatest asset has been building a strong locker room, but he's going to start losing them if the team is getting beat down week after week.

The Pollack thing I don't get, either. They haven't had world blazers on the team in recent years, I get it. But it seems they don't really take steps forward, either. Switching blocking scheme last year during the season was fantastic from a growth/realization standpoint, but concerning that they couldn't see that or realize it before the season even started. That's an adjustment you shouldn't have to make mid-season. Adjustments should be based on a player (like Burrow) not being able to play at all, or at least up to par. Pollack might be highly respected around the league, but he's leaving a lot to be desired when he's in charge of the guys protecting our most expensive player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches? - MileHighGrowler - 10-02-2023, 11:47 AM