Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches?
(10-01-2023, 10:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: This team is a mess. It's the biggest disappointment I can think of as a Bengal fan heading into the season with huge expectations. We haven't scored a TD yet in the first half through 4 games and the odds of going to the playoffs at 1-3 WITH an injured Burrow? Next to nil..

We could make a book out of the things wrong. Play calling, preparation for a game knowing your putting a QB with zero mobility on the field and defenses ready to blitz him every chance they get and on and on..

But one of the many glaring issues is the coaching for the offensive line. Frank Pollack has been here years and this OL never looked good in any iteration he has coached. Why is he still here? We pickup Brown this offseason, move Williams to the right side and on paper have a solid OL. Not the best but certainly not what we've experienced this first quarter of the season. And yet...he is still here.. the man who wants glass eaters and instead has produced a bunch of ass eaters.

Why isn't something being done about this? Taylors play calling is atrocious and blaming Burrows injury on that is a cop out. Adjust this isn't a new injury. These dinks are a joke and a Pee Wee football team could adjust to the plays called by Zac and company. I won't even get into Zac because he's not going anywhere. Hell Marvin didn't win a playoff game and was here years past his welcome.

So, I'll focus on Pollack, why wont the Bengals see the big issue here and make the change now? It can't get worse.

Lets face it, what you are really saying is fire Coach Taylor.  That was a bandwagon many were on before the back to back AFC Championship Game seasons.  

I'll tell you why the Bengals don't change coaches as much as say the Cleveland Browns.  The Cleveland Browns change coaches and quarterbacks a lot over the last 20 some years, and the result is they don't win.  

It would be foolish to even consider changing Coach Taylor or acting GM Duke Tobin after back to back AFC Championship Game seasons.  They have the say in who their coaches are, not the fickle fans.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches? - kevin - 10-03-2023, 10:35 AM