Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
(10-03-2023, 02:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a more appropriate take is that perhaps this injury (or something else) has caused some mental blocks for Burrow.
He's getting the ball out extremely quick, and he's often going to just one read before throwing.
There are multiple things going on that are uncharacteristic of how he's played, but I personally believe the root of this all started with his strained calf.

It's possible he's now worried he has to get rid of the ball super quick to avoid getting hit and having a big leg injury.
He also may be thinking he needs to be out there to justify his big contract he just got, showing the team/fans he's worth that big money.

Seems to be a mix of physical and mental, for sure.

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as a plausible scenario. The way Joe presents himself, that might actually be a little part of it. He seems like a guy that would put that kind of pressure on himself. He needs to get it figured out. Quickly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-03-2023, 02:09 PM