Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Teams are game planning around Burrows injury
(10-03-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think a lot of hate on the OL is misguided. 

The OL is at a HUGE disadvantage. Those DL know EXACTLY where the pocket is going to be and know Burrow can't move. It's a one lane street. They don't have to run contain at all and barely have to worry about the run. 

If it's an empty backfield formation, it's basically shooting fish in a barrel. 

I wonder if the answer is to run zero empty set until Joe can somewhat move and always keep a running back in the backfield. I know it's not ideal, but at least the defense has to somewhat respect a run rather than teeing off on Joe when he's in empty. 

Hell, at this point I'm for two RB sets, two TE sets, and unbalanced lines, lol. I get it....Zac said he'd never take the ball out of Joe's hands again after the SF loss. I think it's time to turn that into a white lie. Or just bench him.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams are game planning around Burrows injury - IcoHolic - 10-02-2023, 10:04 AM
RE: Teams are game planning around Burrows injury - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-03-2023, 02:12 PM