Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning
(10-03-2023, 12:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Oh don't get me wrong, something needs to change if Burrow isn't getting better. This is bottom tier garbage level of an offense right now, so no where to go but up. Now if McCarron was here in the offseason during camps and learning the playbook, I'd go with him over Browning. But I just don't have confidence in him in Taylor's offense with a limited playbook. Or I just don't trust Taylor when it comes down to it. But we do agree it can't be any worse but at least there is a chance of it getting better with a backup. I just don't think it's much of a chance but a chance is better than no chance right now. I do at least see that.

Fair enough. I guess if we're going to lose anyway, may as well be entertained, and I'm more interested in seeing if McCarron can offer anything as a backup than watching a 50% Joe Burrow limp through another 3 point game.

Just seems like a better story to me. One of hope rather than "oh, look, there's our broken QB throwing another 5 yard out".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning - Shake n Blake - 10-04-2023, 01:17 AM