Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing
(10-04-2023, 12:53 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: The entire thing has me perplexed to be honest. I just don’t understand why he has been playing with what we have seen. However he is playing and I really think if Joe believes he can’t quickly move side to side or just move around in the pocket my guess is it is totally making him process the game way different. He probably feels trapped in the pocket and his mental timer is much quicker. I think it has him mentally out of wack as much as physically. My guess is his teammates would prefer a physically capable player under center even if he isn’t as talented as a healthy Joe Burrow.

The designed plays where he gets the ball out quick and not due to pressure are the only ones that "work" for those 3-4 yard throws. The plays he has time in the pocket aren't resulting in anything good for whatever reason. Yeah when Burrow misses those easy outs I'm sure Chase is like da fuq you doing.

Yeah it looks like he's got mental issues related to how he's having to protect his injury and it's easy to form bad habits that are hard to break, he's paid a lot of money to not think about the past and that's supposed to be one of his best strengths. It won't be much longer until we're at mid season and those bad habits won't have a chance to break until the offseason. I wonder if he's got a mental therapist that specializes in sports trying to help him or not on the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just watched all the offensive snaps and this is worse than we’re discussing - reuben.ahmed - 10-04-2023, 09:51 AM