Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty sets and other gripes
Ok, so the entire world, at this point, knows Joe Burrow has the mobility of a fire hydrant. He can probably put up a 6.25 forty right now, I can probably out run him. He's like the statue of Liberty in the pocket.

So why? In the name of several curse words are we running empty sets? When opposing D's see this they're watering at the mouth like a pack of lions seeing a wildebeest limping across the African plain.

Why in the hell do we for all intents and purposes abandon the run game after the 1st qtr? Why are we not running more pistol formation?

Why do our RB's not named Joe Mixon only have 4 carries thus far this season?

I've tried hard to not put a lot of blame on ZT and BC on our offensive issues because Burrow is limited of course. But I'm switching thinking a good bit.

Is the reason we don't run at all after first couple series because ZT and co. don't call it? Or is JB audibling out of runs? Is the reason we still run open sets (a good bit) because JB wants it/demands it?

The point I'm probably doing a bad job of making is perhaps it's time for ZT to grow a spine and tell JB this is how it's going to be. Protect Joe from Joe and maybe just maybe our chances of winning a game will go up as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Empty sets and other gripes - bengalfan74 - 10-04-2023, 12:56 PM
RE: Empty sets and other gripes - Joelist - 10-04-2023, 01:17 PM
RE: Empty sets and other gripes - Whatever - 10-05-2023, 04:46 PM
RE: Empty sets and other gripes - higgy100 - 10-04-2023, 02:34 PM
RE: Empty sets and other gripes - jj22 - 10-04-2023, 01:28 PM
RE: Empty sets and other gripes - Housh - 10-04-2023, 02:22 PM