Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-04-2023, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow is in his 4th year. One person said 2.5 years and now he’s only been taken a beating for 2 years. What next. It’s only been a year of beatings? What I’m saying is Lucks body broke down after awhile and it struggled to recover from injuries that shouldn’t have taken as long to recover from.

No it didn't. Luck had a variety of injuries but he quit because he was tired of dealing with cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, etc. His body wasn't broken down at the time of retirement. 

(10-04-2023, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: I believe he shouldn’t be this bad off still given the injury took place in July. He is and it’s equally likely that his body is beat down and slow to recover as anything else.

It’s a legit and factual opinion as it relates to the toll injuries take on a body. But folks is defensive and I get it.

Something is either factual or opinion, not both. 

Yes, it's true injuries take a toll on a body, but I highly doubt an ACL tear, an appendicitis and a calf injury have "ruined" Joe as a QB - especially when 2 of those 3 did not even occur on a football field. Then consider that he has since played at a high level after 2 of those "injuries" and it makes your point even more ridiculous.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - PhilHos - 10-04-2023, 02:33 PM