Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Drew Sample is PFF’s #1 graded pass blocking TE
(10-04-2023, 12:26 PM)Garrus Wrote: Does it annoy anyone else that we have to have him in the backfield to block because apparently none of our RBs can pass block well? The defense has to know that we are not handing the ball off to him, nor will be checkdown to him so they have no threat to worry about. Brown I was hoping could be that guy, but he must not be there yet as a rookie. Evans not being able to do it is disappointing as well. I feel like they should have done more to replace Perine or just have Mixon stay back and chip block and release on a route. At least then the defense will have to take him into account.

I saw Mixon with a few good blitz pickups but it was all around a bad day for him. But i think he’s gotten better. I haven’t seen any MIND BLOWING misses on who he should block. He’s at least targeting the right guy now….just can’t stop him

It’s a bit more discouraging when you see other backs BULLDOZING blitzers. Forget who it was but i saw a 49ers game and SOMEONE just DEADED a blitzer stone cold in his tracks. I got aroused off that
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drew Sample is PFF’s #1 graded pass blocking TE - Housh - 10-04-2023, 09:04 PM