Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-05-2023, 03:12 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yes, that is most likely true and that seems to be the biggest problem. This season so far is proof of that. They are a 1 dimensional team relying on 1 player too much injury or not.

I won't say they rely on him too much.   I won't say Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and such were relied on too much.  Once in a blue moon you land a franchise quarterback that is your team leader to Super Bowl type seasons.  We could say the Chiefs rely on Mahomes or the Bills rely on Allen.  I won't say Bengals rely on him too much.   If we hadn't drafted Burrow, Bengals would have never went from last place door mats to Super Bowl and AFC Championships. ....They do need to get him healthy if they want to win, even if that means benching him until he is healthy.  Burrow is not a scrambler nor is he a runner, but when heathy he is elusive and escapes pass rushers, which he can't do this year injured, and forget about taking the open run and doing the baseball slide. The leg injury also won't let Burrow step into his passes either. I give Burrow credit for playing with guts through the injury, but he is not healthy and it shows. Again, if they have to bench him to get him back healthy, do it, because this team don't win until Burrow is more healthy.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - kevin - 10-05-2023, 03:39 PM