Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime
(10-05-2023, 03:34 PM)basballguy Wrote: I don't think you're spinning anything but I also don't think this tells the full story.

As we talked about earlier in the thread back in May, there are other factors involved than "reported shopliftings".  

Target invested in increased security....locking a lot more items behind cases...more security guards....these things have a cost...reduced hours of operation....All because of crime/theft.  You aren't going to see that in "reported shopliftings".  

I wonder if these items caused the operation of these stores to become cost prohibitive (hint: it did)....I wonder if they were also a deterrent to shoppers (hint: it is).  I personally would be annoyed af if i had to call a dude every time I needed to add something to my shopping cart.  

Target isn't lying to us.  People are just trying to find ways to not believe it's true.  

So sales/profit.

But yeah, I'm just adding more info and not blaming one thing because it is politically expedient.

For example:

https://corporate.target.com/press/release/2023/08/target-corporation-reports-second-quarter-earnings

Quote:MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 16, 2023 /PRNewswire/ --

• The Company's second quarter operating income margin rate of 4.8 percent was more than 3 percentage points higher than last year, driven by a higher gross margin rate.
  • Second quarter GAAP and Adjusted EPS1 of $1.80 was more than 4 times higher than a year ago and above the high end of the Company's guidance range, reflecting a meaningful profit recovery from last year's inventory actions.
  • Second quarter comparable sales declined 5.4 percent.
    • Continued growth in frequency businesses (Essentials & Beauty and Food & Beverage) partially offset declines in discretionary categories.
    • Same-day services grew nearly 4 percent, led by nearly 7 percent growth in Drive-Up.

• Inventory at the end of Q2 was 17 percent lower than last year, reflecting a 25 percent reduction in discretionary categories, partially offset by inventory investments to support frequency categories, and strategic investments to support long-term market-share opportunities.

• Given recent sales trends, the Company lowered its full year sales and profit expectations. The Company now expects comparable sales in a wide range around a mid-single digit decline for the remainder of the year, and now expects full-year GAAP and Adjusted EPS of $7.00 to $8.00.

They seem very financially sound with a good handle on their inventory.  Profits can only go up with fewer stores/employees and less inventory to handle.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stores continue to close in Democrat led cities due to crime - GMDino - 10-05-2023, 03:39 PM