Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-05-2023, 03:39 PM)kevin Wrote: I won't say they rely on him too much.   I won't say Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and such were relied on too much.  Once in a blue moon you land a franchise quarterback that is your team leader to Super Bowl type seasons.  We could say the Chiefs rely on Mahomes or the Bills rely on Allen.  I won't say Bengals rely on him too much.   If we hadn't drafted Burrow, Bengals would have never went from last place door mats to Super Bowl and AFC Championships. ....They do need to get him healthy is they want to win, even if that means benching him until he is healthy.  

the offense relies on the passing game way too much. When their passing game is bad, and they still manage to win, it's usually the defense that bails them out. Rarely the run game.

People here didnt care about the run game because "we have Joe burrow" and all we need is 4ypc

well when Burrow is hurt, how you gonna win? You put the offense of Burrow's shoulders. There has never been a healthy balance with this team. And when I say balance, I dont mean equal rushing attempts to pass attempts. I mean having a run game that can be top 15 in YPC when called upon. But it's never been that way here under Joe Burrow. The run game has always been bad and inneficient 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - Frank Booth - 10-05-2023, 03:45 PM