Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
P01135809 Echoes Hitler: Migrants "Poisoning the Blood of Our Country"
(10-05-2023, 08:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: While I am usually against Nazi comparisons, there is a point where imho one could legitimately comment on language that is just eerily similar to Nazi language. Eg. when I hear a phrase like foreigners are poisoning the blood of the nation, I immediately think Nazi and it has nothing to do with my ideology.

And how often Trump, at least rhetorically, is getting pretty close to at least the American Nazi variants is hard to just ignore, or to not comment on for fear of an inappropriate comparison. Many such Naziesque groups acknowledge as much themselves. It does not make Trump a Nazi, that would be the inappropriate comparison. But it might make him someone that is dangerously ignorant of the flames he's feeding.

Coming from you I take the point far more seriously.  The problem is the Nazi analogy is so overused as to make it a worthless accusation.  How many times have I heard the accusation hurled in the last three years?  I've literally heard it used against black and Hispanic officers.  Of course there is a comparison to any nationalist movement and Nazism.  Opposition to immigration can also always be tied to Nazism.  But being a nationalist opposed to immigration does not make one a Nazi.  Nazism is inextricably linked, for obvious reasons, to wars of aggression, a police state, forced deportation, concentration camps and genocide.  If there is any government on this planet right now that would earn the comparison it would be China, but we never hear that comparison.

Bottom line, the comparison is far too charged to made in the way it is here.  Unless you're comfortable with me comparing the left to worst excesses of communism, as they share a lot of the same ideology.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: P01135809 Echoes Hitler: Migrants "Poisoning the Blood of Our Country" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-05-2023, 08:46 PM