Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-05-2023, 03:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the offense relies on the passing game way too much. When their passing game is bad, and they still manage to win, it's usually the defense that bails them out. Rarely the run game.

People here didnt care about the run game because "we have Joe burrow" and all we need is 4ypc

well when Burrow is hurt, how you gonna win? You put the offense of Burrow's shoulders. There has never been a healthy balance with this team. And when I say balance, I dont mean equal rushing attempts to pass attempts. I mean having a run game that can be top 15 in YPC when called upon. But it's never been that way here under Joe Burrow. The run game has always been bad and inneficient 

That's the difference between being quarterback-friendly like Shanahan's system in SF and quarterback-driven like the Bengals.  They can plug whoever in and move the ball.  KC has an all-world qb, but the offense has been geared to make life easier on him since he was eased into it in year 2, and he always has a security blanket TE.  He's plenty capable of taking over a game on his own, but on bad days, the offense can survive if he doesn't.  Chad Henne ran it quite effectively when he had to last year.  

It's the same question for the entire Burrow-Taylor era.  What is our offensive system?  DO we even have one?  

I'm not bitching about it, because it's a priveledge to have a talent like 9.  It doesn't come along often.  They'v e done uncharacteristic things organizationally by letting Burrow have unprecedented input in how the offense is run.  That's all great until you don't have peak Burrow and no one but a top 3 qb in the league can survive in the system, or non-system.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - samhain - 10-06-2023, 10:15 AM