Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-06-2023, 10:15 AM)samhain Wrote: That's the difference between being quarterback-friendly like Shanahan's system in SF and quarterback-driven like the Bengals.  They can plug whoever in and move the ball.  KC has an all-world qb, but the offense has been geared to make life easier on him since he was eased into it in year 2, and he always has a security blanket TE.  He's plenty capable of taking over a game on his own, but on bad days, the offense can survive if he doesn't.  Chad Henne ran it quite effectively when he had to last year.  

It's the same question for the entire Burrow-Taylor era.  What is our offensive system?  DO we even have one?  

I'm not bitching about it, because it's a priveledge to have a talent like 9.  It doesn't come along often.  They'v e done uncharacteristic things organizationally by letting Burrow have unprecedented input in how the offense is run.  That's all great until you don't have peak Burrow and no one but a top 3 qb in the league can survive in the system, or non-system.  

Some may disagree, but here's my take.

The system is a passing offense that is dependent on big plays.
It is also entirely dependent on the QB who is running it, also dependent on having receivers like Chase and Higgins.

I see the Bengals offense very similar to the Bills offense.
You take Josh Allen out of that offense, he's limited, or having a bad day, and they'll really struggle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - ochocincos - 10-06-2023, 11:52 AM