Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-06-2023, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Says who? Chargers community, beat writers, and fans claim Bengals made a significant blunder picking Burrow over Herbert, and maintain we would have won 2 Super Bowls by now if Herbert (and the extra picks) was the pick.

For what Burrow accomplished, we shouldn't even be graceful in our praise of Herbert. We as a community should hold strong and make sure it's known to anyone that will question it, that the two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. 

The debate is between Burrow and Hurts as to who the top QB in that class was. Sorry Charger fans and Bengals Herbert lovers. Why are we ignoring Tua and Hurts for Herbert still? This isn't 2020.

Lol dude, if you've got your own issues with Chargers fans thats not really my deal. I don't really care what any Chargers-affiliated opinion says. Im here discussing the NFL with fellow Bengals fans.

I'd rather have sensible discussions about the sport than spend my effort ensure there's some 'community strong' movement, which ensures we can never mention Herbert and Burrow in the same sentence. 

Herbert is clearly a good QB and seems to have a decent thing going on in LA. Burrow is clearly our guy and has had more success. I think we have a better all-round team than LAC. Objectively, I think it's reasonable enough to say Burrow isn't lightyears better than Herbert. I'd say the big edge he has over Herbert is ability in the clutch games. While the offence doesn't roll in the playoffs, Burrow is still likely to make that one play that makes a difference. Herbert so far has only presided over a 2nd half choke job and multiple seasons of not reaching the playoffs. I don't pin that all on Herbert, but he doesn't seem to drag a team through to success like great QBs do.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Time We Moved on from Burrow - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-06-2023, 12:30 PM