Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-06-2023, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is he clutch? You guys clearly aren't familiar with all the attacks on Burrow.

Burrow isn't as clutch as you make it sound. He couldn't muster any points in 6 drives to win a Super bowl, and couldn't muster any points in 3 drives to beat KC last year. 

Burrow losing the clutch narrative has actually been something mentioned a ton by his haters. 

Is Joe Burrow clutch? Yes, certainly in comparison to Justin Herbert thus far. I don't need to be familiar with 'attacks' on Burrow... why would I care what people think about him?

He and the team flatout failed to win the Super Bowl, from that INT onwards really. We had multiple chances to make it a two-score game with one decent drive, but didn't manage it. Rams D-Line destroyed out O-Line, that was the story of the game from 20-13 onwards.

But being clutch doesn't mean you win in every single instance. There were 'clutch' elements to Burrow's performance in a losing AFCCG last year... we'd have lost by 10 or so without a couple of the big plays we got. The 4th down play for one was vital in keeping us in the game. 

Ultimately, Burrow is 5-2 in the postseason with a franchise that is usually laughable in the postseason. The offence don't 'excel' in the postseason, but he makes the necessary plays at the right time. If we aren't wiling to call him 'clutch', then he's certainly not 'anti-clutch' at the very least. He's more likely to win the game with the right opportunity, than lose it.

I don't really care what 'haters' or other people have to say about this... I have my opinion on it, and I don't need to consult other people to give my opinion on an internet forum. I have zero idea why you seem to care so much about what Chargers fans think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Time We Moved on from Burrow - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-06-2023, 12:55 PM