Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-06-2023, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think the "Burrow Boyz" can be blamed for not loving Burrow enough, nor do I feel comparing him to any elite young QB, including Herbert, is unwarranted. 

During the off-season there was a poll of some sort that had Mahomes 1, Allen 2, Burrow 3. The debate turned to who is actually better Allen or Burrow and the "Burrow Boyz" went with JB and it was silly to bring Herbert into the comparison. I suggested Hurts and was labeled "Fred 2" and only trolling. 

I've always thought that Herbert (by the media in 2021) was forced on us as a top 3 QB and he should have been made to accomplish something (post season success) before being placed up there with Mahomes. So I've always felt like Herbert was overrated. 

We have Jackson who has a MVP to his name we are equally familiar with, and we as Bengals fans "discussing NFL" don't show him any love. So we do have the ability to ignore stats etc. when making sure it's known our QB is on another level then another. I feel like the Burrow v Herbert debate is forced by the media and we as Bengals fans play into it instead of recognizing Burrow is far beyond that comparison and Herbert (and his fans) while some like him I get, need to be debating him against Lawrence, Watson, Prescott, Stafford etc.

Hell is Herbert even in the same sentence as Purdy?! Those are the debates Charger fans think they are above when they try to prop him up against Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Time We Moved on from Burrow - jj22 - 10-06-2023, 01:15 PM